Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Catering Options!

I have gotten some information for the catering for the dinner. Please Please respond with any suggestions on what we should get! If I don't hear anything then I will just make the decision and I want everyone to like what we will eat, so you all need to give me your input!!! This is the letter I got from Adam! Thanks!!!!!


Hi Ruthy,
I've looked at all the class reunions that we have catered for and they have done several different
things. I don't know what your budget is and how many people you expect. One thing that Jenny Palmers class did was set up a pay pal account so each class member could prepay for their meal and that worked great rather than having to hunt each person down to collect their money. Then there was a cut off date where she knew exactly how many people were going to eat. Here is what we've served in the past:
Each package comes with complimentary chips & salsa, plates forks, napkins, & cups & ice for the beverage
  • Pick any 2 enchiladas, beans, rice, & tostadas. Served with fresh strawberry lemonade. $10.39 pp +tax

  • Fresh grilled Chicken or beef fajitas, hot tortillas, rice, beans, sour cream & guacamole. Served with fresh strawberry lemonade $13.99 per person +tax add Beef & Chicken $15.99 pp+tax

  • Pick any 2 enchiladas, beans & rice. Served with fresh strawberry lemonade. $8.99pp+tax

  • Nacho Grande bar with ground beef, green chili, beans, sour cream, guacamole, tomatos & olives. Served with Strawberry lemonade. $8.99 pp +tax

We have done several different desserts in the past like brownies sundaes, apple, cherry or peach cobbler with ice cream. Basically we can do everything so you can enjoy your reunion. If you don't see anything you like let me know so we can keep trying. Hope your having a super day. Talk to you soon.

Adam Hoopes

Casa Manana Restaurant

11 comments:

  1. Sounds great to me! I'm a sucker for mexican food!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok you have to let me know which plate we would want to get!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I didn't know we limit it down to one. Ha ha! I say the enchiladas and tostadas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is what they did last year for Derek's. It was great. This is Britni.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok well unless anyone else objects we will do that plate, the enchiladas and tostadas! I will be setting up a paypal account so that way everyone can pay for themselves and there spouses and I won't have to try to track people down at the reunion to get money from them! I will let you know as soon as I set it up and then we can start getting a head count on who will be there! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! You are doing great. Anything you do will work and I think people will just appreciate that you have put it all together. I am going to try to track down some of those people on your list for you and then I will e-mail you. As for the DJ, It would be great to have but maybe too much hassle. I say we just hook up someone's ipod to some good speakers and save some dough! Just a thought though. We have done that for youth dances and it works great. We just made the playlist ahead of time. I don't even mind being in charge of that. We could do all the songs from high school! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deanne your a genius! I'm ok with that cause what I have found out is a DJ could cost around $300 so I'm ok with just getting HS songs to listen too! Thanks a bunch! I am officially handing that responsibility to you! Let me know if you need help with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. r-u having fun yet? it reminds me of graduation, i thought being chairman was hard especially with "mr. nelson" telling me my every move but at least i didn't have to track anyone down, u seem to be doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ruthy, everything sounds great to me as well....the food and the music are such a good idea! I can't believe it's been 10 years. If you need help with anything please please let me know. Oh and how many pictures are looking to get from everyone? And do you want high school pics or current pics?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope! I am wanting all kinds of pics! HS and current!! It is hard to find everyone but so far so good! I will for sure be letting you know if I need help! I have the caterer booked, Deanne is working on music, so things are coming along! If you have any input or suggestions let me know! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so excited about the music! I was cracking up looking at all the old songs. Most of them I am still listing too! Should be fun :) If you need anything else let me know. I am going to track down as many people on that list as I can when I go to Thatcher for Levi's wedding so I will get back with you then! You're amazing :)

    ReplyDelete